The Chelmsley Wood Neighbourhood Policing Team, would like to draw your attention to shed breaks happening in your area. To help combat this your local Neighbourhood Policing Team will be conducting extra patrols in your area.
Homeowners can reduce the risk of becoming a victim of this type of crime by following these simple and cost-effective measures:
- Put away all tools and equipment. Ensure all outside sheds and store cupboards are securely locked when not in use.
- Bring tools inside if you do not have a shed or garage.
- Use suitable plants to enhance perimeter protection such as thorny shrubs.
- Install outside security lighting, which comes on automatically at dusk.
- If you have a burglar alarm why not extend it to cover outbuildings and sheds.
- Photograph valuable garden plants or ornaments.
- Mark your property with your postcode and house number this makes stolen property easier to trace and it can be positively identified as yours.
- Check that your household insurance policy covers theft from your garden and outbuildings.
- Regularly check fences and gates are in good repair and check for any overgrown areas where someone could hide
- If you have a local Neighbourhood Watch scheme, why not join in? Or start a new one. Take a look at www.ourwatch.org.uk
Please visit these websites for more crime prevention advice:
If you have any information in relation to these crimes then please do not hesitate to contact us.
Call us on 999 in an emergency or for all other matters please visit WMPolice Online