Between Monday 25 and Thursday 28 September (10pm until 5am), Skanska will be working on the Clock Interchange roundabout. They are moving the existing concrete barriers to allow them to work on other areas of the roundabout. To do this safely, they need to close the roundabout overnight in two phases over four nights. Details are as follows:
PHASE 1: Monday 25 and Tuesday 26 September, between 10pm and 5am.
· Closure: the western side of Bickenhill Lane and Clock Interchange roundabout, shown in red below.
· Diversion: use the blue route to get from the A45 to Bickenhill Lane for the duration of the closure.
PHASE 2: Wednesday 27 & Thursday 28 September, between 10pm and 5am.
- Closure: the eastern side of Bickenhill Lane and Clock Interchange roundabout, as shown in red below
- Diversion: Use the blue route to get from Bickenhill Lane to the A45.
Traffic management will be removed during the daytime and diversion routes will be clearly signed. Access to Catherine de Barnes Lane will not be affected by this work and the airport link road will also remain open as shown in black on the map below.
Once the barriers are moved, the following improvement work will continue:
- installing new drainage
- renewal of street lighting and traffic signals
- bridge deck waterproofing
- installation of kerbing
- resurfacing work
- installation of traffic signs