Grab and Go …. to the library!
The Core and Solihull’s libraries will reopen to the public during September.
In order to ensure the safety of customers and staff there are lots of changes – including new opening hours and a new ‘Grab and Go’ service to encourage people to leave as soon as they have selected books.
Customers will also need to wear face coverings and sign in, in line with the NHS Test and Trace system. Staff will be wearing transparent visors to make communication with visitors a little easier.
The Core Library ‘Grab and Go’ system will start on Monday 7 September and the last date for ‘Click and Collect’ collections will be Saturday 5 September.
Opening hours at The Core Library will be 9.30-4pm Monday to Saturday.
Community Libraries and The Core:
- The Click and Collect service will continue at Chelmsley Wood Library until 21 September and then they will start the Grab and Go Service.
- Click and Collect will continue at Shirley Library until further notice.
- Of the remaining six libraries, five are too small to enable current social distancing measures. In addition, Olton Library has received Community Infrastructure Levy funding and is closed for refurbishment until November.
- Encore Café Bar will reopen with table service, a reduced menu and less tables.
- Core Theatre will reopen for classes and courses which need to be pre-booked. Weekly classes should be booked online at www.thecoretheatresolihull.gov.uk or by phone and will be available a week prior to the date of the class. The Box office is currently not open for counter purchases, but will be staffed for phone purchases from 9.30am – 2pm, Monday to Saturday – 0121 704 6962.
- Solihull Connect will offer an appointments based service from 28 September. Customer services is also available online, through LiveChat services, by phone and by email. See – https://www.solihull.gov.uk/About-the-Council/Customer-services/contacttelephone
For guidance on face coverings click here.
For information about Test and Trace click here.