The Prince’s Trust based at Chelmsley Wood Police station are looking for young adults between the ages of 16-25 years old to join their programme, which will be starting on Monday 5th July 2021.
The course will be a 5 day a week, 12-week programme with certain measures put into place due to Covid-19.
The course will be run with up to 12 learners and the learners will be in the team room Monday to Friday 09:30-15:30 with breaks throughout the day.
The learners will work towards TWO Level 1 qualifications over the 12 weeks, with the majority of the programme remaining the same. The qualifications will be:
- Prince’s Trust Certificate in Employability, Teamwork and Community
- BTEC Level 1 Work Skills
There will be no residential element to the course this time, but plans have been made to cover the teamwork unit in other ways.
The course helps to gain:
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Helps the individuals get back into a routine, especially in regards to the circumstances at the moment.
- Helps them to work on their mental health, mindfulness and healthy living
- Workshop Certificates
- Access one to one support with job search and applications
- CV, Presentation Skills and Interview Skills workshops
- Access to a new social network with their peers
Please contact one of the programme team leaders if you are interested in joining.