Ahead of future works to the network that will be carried out by HS2, National Highways and their contractor Kier, need to do some preparatory works on the M42 and M6.
Temporary overnight (22.00 – 06.00) work is being carried out on the M6 near Junction (J) 4, Coleshill Interchange, for two weeks in late October 2021 with signed diversion routes in place during the work. The M42 J7 and 7a will also be affected. There will also be further work carried out in November. Closures are as follows:
18 to 26 October
- M6 J4 southbound exit slip road
- M42 J7a (M42 northbound to M6 southbound link road) 29 to 31 October
- M6 J4 northbound and southbound main carriageways
- M6 J4 northbound entry slip road
- M42 at J7 (M42 northbound to M6 northbound link road)
- M42 at J7a (M42 northbound to M6 southbound link road)
1 to 9 November
- M42 J7 (M42 northbound to M6 northbound link road)
Signed diversions will be in place for road users who use these junctions, which may mean that routes are busier than usual.